This FREE event will be held on Tuesday May 30, 7:30-9:30 PM at Euclid Ave. Pool
1. Drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death in children 1-14 years of age.
2. About 137 Children drown in the U.S.A. every summer. 75% of these are under 5 years old.
3. For every child who dies from drowning five require hospitalization for a near drowning incident.
4. Research shows if a child doesn’t learn to swim by the 3rd grade they probably never will.
5. 46% of Americans report having had an incident when they were afraid of drowning.
What You Can Do!
1. Watch Your Children! No one not even a lifeguard can watch out for your child like you can.
2. Swim only at appropriate facilities when a trained lifeguard is duty.
3. Non-Swimmers should wear U.S. Coast Guard Approved Lifejackets. (Available at both Pools)
4. Take swim lessons. Willoughby Parks and Recreation offers from 6 months through adult.
5. Register to take the FREE WATEREADY Swim Test on Tuesday May 30, 7:30-9:30 PM at Euclid Ave. Pool
a. Step or jump into water over your head. d. Swim 25 Yards to an exit.
b. Float or tread water for one minute. e. Exit the water without using a ladder.
c. Turn around in a full circle.
6. If at first you don’t succeed….No problem. You can sign up to re-test on Tuesday August 1, 2017 at 7:30 PM. Until then, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! Register for SWIM LESSONS to help you become a stronger swimmer.
7. When you are WATEREADY you will receive a Willoughby Pools Beach Towel!
PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE EVENT by calling Willoughby Parks & Recreation at 440-953-4200