The Downtown Willoughby Business Association is organizing the second annual Miracle on Erie Street, presented by Platinum Real Estate. This three-day long festival offers an amazing array of highlights and activities for families and grown-ups alike!
Miracle begins Thursday December 4, 2014 at 4:00 with the Willoughby Kiwanas-hosted spaghetti dinner and live nativity, both at the Willoughby United Methodist Church. Following is the tree lighting ceremony at Wes Point Park at 7:00 p.m.. Participating area businesses are also asked to be open that evening until 9:00.
Friday and Saturday are packed, as well, with the following events: Friday Evening:
* Live carolers
* Part I of The 12 Bars of Christmas beginning at 7:00
* Ghost Walk Tours provided by expert Cathi Weber and Vitalone Limousine
* Open House at local businesses
* Walking Party & Pop-up shops between Blue Envelope Boutique, Edge Hair Studio and Blackbird Interactive
* Breakfast with Santa at the Willoughby Brewing Company from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
* Live nativity, sponsored by Willoughby United Methodist Church, from 11:00-2:00
* Live singing from Grant Elementary first graders at City Hall beginning at 10:00 a.m.
* Live ice carvings following the concert at City Hall
* Live music and carolers throughout the streets
* Crafts, cookie decorating and visits from Ronald McDonald at the Willoughby Library, beginning at
* Street vendors, including kettle corn, chocolate, hot chocolate and maple syrup
* That evening, beginning at 7:00 will be the Part II of The 12 Days of Christmas
The following activities are available all weekend:
* Window decorating contest among businesses and voted on by all those visiting DTW for Miracle on Erie Street.
* Scavenger Hunt; participants will search for a 12-Days-of-Christmas themed ornament in the 12 participating stores.
Forms for both activities will be available at Blue Envelope throughout Miracle, beginning Thursday, December 4 and on Saturday at the Brewing Company during Breakfast with Santa. Completed forms with a vote for “Best Window” can be turned into Blue Envelope, and will be entered into a grand prize drawing.
Always keeping charitable efforts at the forefront, the DTWBA has chosen the Society of Rehabilitation this year as a benefactor for Miracle on Erie Street.
The Society for Rehabilitation helps physically handicapped, mentally abled individuals who do not have the resources to fulfill their lives. The Society is the only organization that accepts no pay clients, and no one is turned away due to financial conditions. The Society’s Adult progressive Enrichment Program is structured in such a way that it “wraps” services around the needs of the client rather than making a client fit into what is available. The Society’s program includes educational, restorative, social/ recreational and personal enrichment to help clients to have more independence. To collect and provide the Society items it needs, the DTWBA has paired up with Edison Elementary school. Edison Elementary’s second grade class is making ornaments, which will be available for purchase at all participating businesses. Purchased ornaments will then be on display at the Willoughby Library. Also, Edison students are responsible for creating a marketing plan to help drive the donation of much-needed personal care items those who benefit from the Society of Rehabilitation need.
Businesses participating in the Miracle on Erie Street include:
Blue Envelope Boutique
Edge Hair Salon
Should you have any questions regarding this event or would like to participate in some way, please contact Val Gill at 440.220.6595.