Holiday Lighting Ceremony
Get into the holiday spirit and join us in Downtown Willoughby for the annual Holiday Lighting Celebration on Thursday, December 1, 2022! The ceremony begins at 7 pm with entertainment from Edison Elementary students, South High School Choir and Band, Fred Astaire dancers, Fine Arts Association and local singer/songwriter Tommy McCrone. The lighting of DTW will follow.
Also that evening, a Live Nativity, sponsored by Willoughby United Methodist Church starting at 6 pm and the 29th annual Evening Lions Holiday Auction downstairs of City Hall to benefit the Lions Eye Care Program and community service projects.
Santa will also be available for photos that evening.
PLEASE NOTE ROAD CLOSURES FOR THE EVENT BEGINNING AT 1 PM ON THURSDAY
- Erie Street at Vine St / Mentor Ave (limited access to post office)
- Euclid Ave at Sharpe Ave
- River Street at Center St (access to United Methodist Church
- East Spaulding Street (residents have access from Glenn Ave city lot)
- Third Street – Closed to through traffic from Clark (limited access to exit post office)
- Second Street – Closed to through traffic from Clark (limited access to bank and salon)
- West Spaulding – Closed to through traffic from Clark (limited access to library)
- Glenn Ave at Erie (limited access to SOL and WBC parking lots via Todd Field)
- Use Clark Street from Vine Street to Sharpe Ave. to Euclid Ave. to bypass DTW
- No truck traffic permitted on Clark Street, please proceed to Beidler Rd
- No left turn onto Mentor Ave. from Todd Field parking lot
- On-street Accessible Parking available on West Spaulding. Enter from Clark Ave and speak with Police Officer.