The waterline has passed testing and Trax is currently tying in the lines to the buildings and continue to complete curb and walk work.
The project is in currently in the pressure testing chlorination phase. There will be minimum action by Trax until everything passes testing, approximately 7-10 days.
Project Overview: Lake County Department of Utilities has hired contractor, Trax Construction Co. to replace aging waterlines along Erie Street in downtown Willoughby. The new waterlines will result in improved service by reducing interruption from waterline breaks. This project is funded by the Lake County Department of Utilities.
Project Location: The construction project will be installing a new waterline pipe from the intersection of Vine Street and Erie Street (by Post Office) to the intersection of River, Euclid and Erie Street (in front Wes Point Park).
Important Project Notes:
- Construction is scheduled to begin February 3rd and continue for approximately 3 months
- The contractor is responsible for maintaining traffic and minimizing disruptions
- Erie Street will be ONE-LANE, northbound beginning Wednesday, February 4th
- There will be no parking along Erie Street in Downtown Willoughby
- Side streets will be open
- Periodic water outages will occur in the area; the contractor will notify businesses of the schedule
- Travelers should expect delays and limited access in that area
- Detours will be posted
Questions: Please contact Denis Yurkovich of the Lake Department of Utilities at 440.350.2652 with any questions.
Thank you for your patience during this project. We will post updates on our website and on the City of Willoughby Facebook page as they are received.