The City of Willoughby’s Waste Collection and Recycling Service is operated by Waste Management of Ohio. As your waste service provider, the Waste Management Team looks forward to bringing you courteous and dependable curbside collection. On this page you will find instructions and information about your waste services. If you have a question not covered here, please check Waste Management’s website or call the Waste Management Customer Service Center at 1-866-797-9018. You may also email your inquiries or requests. We are happy to assist you!
The Following holidays delay trash collection by one day:
New Year’s Day
All of the information on this page is from Waste Management’s City of Willoughby Trash and Recycling Program.
Residential Service and Rates
Waste Management will bill you quarterly in advance for your waste collection and recycling services.
The City of Willoughby has arranged to provide residents
- Unlimited weekly trash service.
- Every other week recycling service using 64 gallon carts.
- Optional low volume bag service for trash.
Following is the schedule of charges:
- Solid waste service including a 64 gallon recycling container and yard waste (using customer’s own trash containers): $16.31 per month.
- Optional (96 gallon solid waste container): additional $ 2.82 per month
- Bag service (5 low volume generator service) bags. This does not include curbside recycling or yard waste service: $18.50 per roll
- Bag Plus Service. This service includes curbside recycling and yard waste only: $6.58 per month
Waste Collection, Recycling and Yard Waste Guidelines
As residents of the City of Willoughby, you will receive residential waste collection once per week and recycling service every other week. Please observe the following guidelines to keep your collection service running smoothly:
- Your every other week recycling day is the same as your trash day. 2019 Recycling Schedule
- Bag and tie your trash and place in your container.
- Do NOT bag recyclables.
- Place your solid waste within three feet of the curb in front of your residence the night before your scheduled collection day.
- Please put your 64 gallon recycling container at least 3 feet to the side of your solid waste with the lid opening facing the street.
- Leaves, twigs and yard waste can be placed in biodegradable paper bags or in open garbage cans (no lids). Yard waste will not be collected if in plastic bags.
- Branches are not to be more that 3” in diameter and no longer than 4 feet and should be bundled and tied.
Yard Waste pickup runs April 1st through the 2nd full week of December
Waste Management will also collect bulk items during your scheduled day. If the truck picking up your regular waste leaves the bulk trash, we will dispatch a second truck the same day to retrieve these larger items. We ask that you be patient. Bulk items are objects too large for one person to handle, and typically include the following:
- Carpet: Please cut, roll and tie the carpet in lengths no greater than four feet.
- Appliances: Please remove appliance doors. Waste Management is responsible for Freon® removal.
- Large Screen TVs (42 inches and up)
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Lumber Products: Please bundle and tie wood products in lengths no longer than four feet. Please remove all nails.
Waste Management accepts most household waste, including food, paper, plastic, cardboard, small manufactured items and appliances. However, there are some materials we cannot accept. These include:
- Car parts
- Paint cans with paint residue
- Propane tanks
- Bricks and roofing shingles
- Dirt, gravel, rock & sod
- Riding mowers
- Cleaners and solvents
- Concrete and cement (in any form)
Paying For Your Service
You have several options when it comes to paying for your residential collection from Waste Management. Choose the most convenient for you and your household:
- Online Payments: Log on to www.wm.com, go to WMezPay link and follow the prompts. There is no additional cost. There are options for one-time payment, recurring options, viewing invoices online, viewing payment history, and pre-payments (great for when you are on a vacation)
- Mail-in Payments go to PO Box 4647, Carol Stream, IL 60197-4647. Please remember to include the remittance stub.
- Phone Payments: call our Customer Service Center at 1-866-797-9018. Please note there is a small administrative fee for assisting with payments over the phone. Payment methods include checking, savings, debit, and credit card (Visa – MasterCard – American Express – Discover).
Payment is due upon receipt. Waste Management’s typical billing period is quarterly billed in advance.