PLEASE NOTE: Republic that they will continue to deliver, exchange and remove totes until Friday November 22, 2019 for no charge. After Friday November 22, 2019 it will cost $50 for the same service.
As of November 1st, 2019 The City of Willoughby’s Waste Collection and Recycling Service is operated by Republic Services. As your waste service provider, the Republic Services team looks forward to bringing you courteous and dependable curbside collection. On this page you will find instructions and information about your waste services. If you have a question not covered here, please check the Republic Services website or call the Republic Services Customer Service Center at 1-800-968-7789.
For information and FAQ, please click here https://willoughbyohio.com/community-news/new-garbage-collection-service/
Residential Service and Rates
Republic Services will bill you quarterly in advance for your waste collection and recycling services.
The City of Willoughby has arranged to provide residents:
- Weekly trash pickup using 96 gallon cart
- Every other week recycling service using 64 gallon cart
- Optional low volume bag service for trash
Following is the schedule of charges:
Solid waste service including a 96 gallon garbage can and a 64 gallon recycling container and yard waste: $16.76 per month for 2020.
Year Regular Senior*
2020 $16.76 $15.76
2021 $17.35 $16.35
2022 $17.95 $16.95
2023 $18.58 $17.58
2024 $19.23 $18.23
- Additional (96 gallon solid waste container): additional $6.50 per month
- Bag service (10 low volume generator service) bags available at City Hall for $39.50 per roll. This service does not include curbside recycling or yard waste service. To add recycling or yard waste to a Bag Service account, please contact Republic Services.
*Must be 62 years or older to qualify. Please mail a copy of your Republic Services bill AND one of the following: 1. Ohio Driver’s License, 2. Ohio State ID, or 3. Golden Buckeye Card to:
Republic Services, Inc
C/O Kelly Griffith
8123 Jones Road
Cleveland, Ohio 44105
Recycling and waste containers will be delivered Wednesday, October 16th through Thursday, October 31. The first pickup will be Friday, November 1, 2019.
Time of Collection: To ensure your recycling and waste materials removal, please place waste and yard waste on the opposite side of your driveway from the recyclables by 7 a.m.
Day of Collection: Waste will be picked up on the same day each week except when a holiday falls on or before your regular pickup day. Then your pickup schedule will be one day late.
Holidays That Affect Collections: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
Container Placement: Place containers within 3 feet of the curb with the arrows facing the street. Do not place containers near mailboxes or other fixed objects. Note: Do not place containers at the curb prior to 7 p.m. on the day before collection. Please remove empty containers within 12 hours after collection.
For more information, contact Republic Services customer service department at 800.968.7789
Please fill the 96-gallon marked “waste” can first, then up to (3) additional cans or (5) bags can be added.
- Food waste – drained, wrapped and placed in a plastic
- Other waste – juice boxes, paper containers, waste paper,
- Sharp items, broken glass, syringes, Place in puncture-proof container prior to placing in container.
- cloth and furniture must be wrapped in plastic
The items below are picked up on your regular pickup day:
- Household furniture, carpeting tied and rolled into 4’ lengths
- Tables, swing sets, television sets,
- Refrigerators and freezers – doors removed/securely closed
- Window A/C units and dehumidifiers
- Washers and dryers
Items are not permitted at the curb:
- Large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
- Note: Contractors are responsible for removal of building materials and debris.
Bag Service Customers
You can purchase a roll of 10 yellow bags at City Hall. If you want to recycle, you can receive a 64-gallon recycle container for every-other-week recycling service; if you would like to have yard waste service, you will need to put it out in either a brown biodegradable 50 lb. kraft bag or a container marked “yard waste.” You will receive a bill for the recycling and yard waste service each quarter. Contact Republic Services to add recycling and/or yard waste services.
Additional Container Information
If you would like an additional 96-gallon waste container or a 65-gallon recycling container, there is an additional cost of $6.50 per month per additional container. Please contact Republic Services after November 4th to set up the additional container service.
Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected April 1st through November 30th on the same day as waste collection. Leaf collection will only be provided by the city if left loose on the tree lawn/at the curb (do not rake leaves into the street or ditches).
- Yard Waste must be contained in a brown 50lb Kraft bag or in a container marked “yard waste”
- Any items 4′ in length must be tied, bundled or somehow contained not to exceed 30lbs
Paying For Your Service
You have several options when it comes to paying for your residential collection from Republic Services. Choose the most convenient for you and your household:
- Online Payments: Log on to www.republicservices.com, go to Pay Bill link and follow the prompts. There is no additional cost.
- Mail-in Payments go to Republic Services PO Box 9001099, Louisville, KY 40290-1099. Please remember to include the remittance stub.
- Phone Payments: call our Customer Service Center at 1-877-692-9729. Use your 12 digit account number beginning with a “3” and the zip code of the service address.
Please note that Republic Services sens billing every calendar quarter, and you are responsible for paying Republic Services. Any delinquent charges will result in your service being interrupted until full payment is received. The first billing will be for November and December 2019 and every calendar quarter following that for the duration of the contract. The second billing will be in December for January to March 2020.