- Appliance Collection
- Appliances are picked up weekly on regularly scheduled collection days. Refrigerator and freezer doors must be removed.
- Christmas Tree Collection
- The City of Willoughby will be collecting Christmas trees. They can be placed at the curb on your regular trash collection day beginning January 6th and will be collected through the end of January. Our Crews will retrieve as soon as possible, weather permitting.
- Computer/Electronic Waste
- No curbside pickup. Lake County sponsors special collections for household chemical waste. (Examples: oil, paint, household chemicals, batteries, solvents.) 2019 schedule
- Trash collection may be affected by these six major holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Pickup will be delayed one day when the holiday falls on a weekday prior to the normal collection day. Otherwise, trash and yard waste is collected as scheduled.
- Household & Hazardous Chemicals
- Lake County sponsors special collections for household chemical waste. (Examples: oil, paint, household chemicals, batteries, solvents.) 2019 schedule
- Leaf Collection
- Leaves are collected (vacuumed) at the curb from mid-October through November. Residents who live on streets without curbs should place leaves close to, but not in the street or ditch. Leaves placed in the street or left in ditches may cause damage by being washed into storm sewers. No other debris should be commingled with the leaves. Residents who prefer to bag their leaves can do so in the Kraft paper bags, or in a reusable container which will be picked up on your normal collection day.
- No curbside pickup. Lake County sponsors special collections for tires. 2019 schedule
- Trash Collection – Large Item Disposal
- Most large items, including stoves and furniture, will be serviced on regular trash day. Doors must be removed from refrigerators and freezers.
Tree branches, shrub trimmings and related items will be picked up weekly on your normal collection day. Specifications: Brush – maximum length 4′. Maximum diameter 3″ per branch and bundled for easy handling by 1 person. Branches can be in the Kraft paper bags or in a reusable container.
- Yard Waste
- Yard waste service starts the first Monday in April through November – dates will be announced