- Appliance Collection
- Appliances are picked up weekly on regularly scheduled collection days. Refrigerator and freezer doors must be removed.
- Christmas Tree Collection
- The City of Willoughby will be collecting Christmas trees. They can be place at the curb beginning December 26th and will collected through the second week of January.
- Composting of yard waste and appropriate food matter is highly encouraged. Information regarding regulations for placement, size and compost pile care/maintenance is available in the Service Department. For detailed directions call 953-4111.
- Computer/Electronic Waste
- No curbside pickup. These items can be dropped off at City Hall at One Public Square Monday through Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm. No televisions.
- Trash collection may be affected by these six major holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Pickup will be delayed one day when the holiday falls on a weekday prior to the normal collection day. Otherwise, trash and yard waste is collected as scheduled.
- Household & Hazardous Chemicals
- Lake County sponsors special collections for household chemical waste. (Examples: oil, paint, household chemicals, batteries, solvents.) Contact the Lake County Solid Waste Board at 440-350-2645 for schedule of collection dates and locations.
- Leaf Collection
- Leaves are collected (vacuumed) at the curb from late October through November. Residents who live on streets without curbs should place leaves close to, but not in the street or ditch. Leaves placed in the street or left in ditches may cause damage by being washed into storm sewers. No other debris should be commingled with the leaves. Call 953-4111 for details.
- No curb side pickup. The City encourages having them left at the site the new ones were purchased. A fee will be charged for tires collected at the Willoughby Service Garage.
- Trash Collection – Large Item Disposal
- Most large items, including stoves and furniture, will be serviced on regular trash day. Doors must be removed from refrigerators and freezers.
- Yard Waste
- Yard waste service starts the first Monday in April through November – dates will be announced
Don’t overload containers – This will help keep litter off your premises, streets and sidewalks. It will discourage rodents and flies.
Leaves – The City of Willoughby will continue its annual leaf curbside collection program as in the past years. Residents who prefer to bag their leaves can do so in the Kraft paper bags, or in a reusable container which will be picked up on your normal collection day.
Tree Trimmings – Tree branches, shrub trimmings and related items will be picked up weekly on your normal collection day. Specifications: Brush – maximum length 4′. Maximum diameter 3″ per branch and bundled for easy handling by 1 person. Branches can be in the Kraft paper bags or in a reusable container.