Home inspections are performed on Thursdays and condominiums are inspected on Fridays. Someone has to be at the home while our techs are on site. This needs to be setup and paid for before the inspection can be scheduled. Payment can be credit, cash, or check (made out to The City of Willoughby). To set up the Point of Sale inspection call (440) 953-4111. Also, the smoke detector and carbon monoxide tests need to be set up with the Fire Department at (440) 953-4344.
- Homes south of Vine are done between 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on Thursdays
- Homes north of Vine are done between 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. on Thursdays
- Condominiums are done between 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on Fridays
- Commercial/Industrial are set up to be inspected on Fridays
Please note (5.20.2022): Due to an increase in requests, the first available inspection date may be 2-3 weeks from date of call.
Below are the charges that might pertain to the owner’s property:
- Base Charge: $75.00 (include smoke detector inspection)
- Sidewalk: $35.00
- Downspouts: $40.00 (when downspouts are going into the ground)
- Driveway Drain: $20.00
- Yard Drain: $20.00
- Sump Pump: $30.00 each
- Sanitary Flush Test: $30.00 (for each stack required to be tested)
- Water: $50.00 if the city needs to provide water