Updated 3.9.2021 | COVID-19 Inspection Process Updates/Guidelines:
Home inspections are performed daily, based on appointments. Appointments can be made by calling 440.953.4114. The inspection fee ($35), and must be paid for at time of scheduling. Payment can be charge (except AmEx), cash or check (made out to The City of Willoughby).
Currently, only sidewalks will be inspected. If there is not sidewalk, please call for a Point of Sale waiver.
Home inspections are performed on Thursdays and condominiums are inspected on Fridays. Someone has to be at the home while our techs are on site. This needs to be setup and paid for before the inspection can be scheduled. Payment can be charge, cash, or check (made out to The City of Willoughby). To set up the Point of Sale inspection call (440) 953-4114. Also, the smoke detector test needs to be set up with the Fire Department at (440) 953-4344.
- Homes south of Vine are done between 7:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. on Thursdays
- Homes north of Vine are done between 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. on Thursdays
- Condominiums are done between 7:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. on Fridays
- Commercial/Industrial are set up to be inspected on Fridays
Below are the charges that might pertain to the owner’s property:
- Base Charge: $75.00 (include smoke detector inspection)
- Sidewalk: $35.00
- Downspouts: $40.00 (when downspouts are going into the ground)
- Driveway Drain: $20.00
- Yard Drain: $20.00
- Sump Pump: $30.00 each
- Sanitary Flush Test: $30.00 (for each stack required to be tested)
- Water: (required if premises do not include running water)