Our city government belongs to the citizens of the City of Willoughby. We conduct our government activities in the open, and we are proud of our strong commitment to this important principle of democracy. The following is a statement of our Public Records Policy.
- Public records are any documents – electronic, email, or paper – that relate to the business or activity of the office.
- Public office personnel will make records available within a reasonable or prompt period of time.
- Records are available Monday through Friday during regular business hours of 9 am to 4 pm.
- If the records need to be researched or reviewed, you will receive either a written explanation or the records in no more than five business days.
- There is no charge for the 1st through 25th copy; for the 26th or more copies there is a fee of $.05 each for black & white copies and $.10 each for color copies calculated to the first copy.
- Files downloaded to a flash drive are $5.00
- There is no charge to view records at City Hall or to have them e-mailed to you.
- Records mailed will be charged the actual cost of postage and mailing supplies.
- For Police Department records request, please submit records request form via email to email@example.com.
- For all other requests, please submit records request form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at City Hall.
Learn more about Ohio’s Sunshine Laws on the Attorney General’s website