The City of Willoughby’s Waste Collection and Recycling Service is operated by Republic Services. If you have a question not covered here, please check the Republic Services website or call their Customer Service Center at 216.441.6300.
Some holidays will cause a delay in trash services. Please use the Republic’s Holiday and Pick Up Schedule search feature to confirm any change in service.
Residential Service and Rates
Republic Services bills quarterly in advance for your waste collection and recycling services. The City of Willoughby has arranged to provide residents:
- Weekly trash pickup using a 96-gallon cart
- Every other week recycling service using 64-gallon cart
- Optional low volume bag service for trash
Following is the schedule of charges:
- Solid waste service including a 96-gallon waste container and 64-gallon recycle container and yard waste (using customer’s own trash containers) at $16.76 per month for 2020.
- Additional 96-gallon solid waste containers are available for an additional $6.50 per month
- Low volume generator service bags available at City Hall for $39.50 per roll (10 bags/roll).
- Bag service does not include curbside recycling or yard waste service. To add these services, please contact Republic at 800.968.7789.
- A senior rate is available for individuals 62 years and older. To qualify, please mail a copy of your Republic Services bill AND a copy of ONE of the following: (a) Ohio Driver’s License, (b) Ohio State ID, or (c) Golden Buckeye Card to: Republic Services, c/o Kelly Griffith, 8123 Jones Road, Cleveland, OH 44105
Time of Collection: To ensure your recycling and waste materials removal, please place waste and yard waste on the opposite side of your driveway from the recyclables by 7 a.m.
Day of Collection: Waste will be picked up on the same day each week except when a holiday falls on or before your regular pickup day. Then your pickup schedule will be one day late.
Holidays: Please use the Republic’s Holiday and Pick Up Schedule search feature to confirm any change in service.
Container Placement: Place containers within 3 feet of the curb with the arrows facing the street. Do not place containers near mailboxes or other fixed objects. Note: Do not place containers at the curb prior to 7 p.m. on the day before collection. Please remove empty containers within 12 hours after collection.
For more information, contact Republic Services customer service department at 800.968.7789
Please fill the 96-gallon cart marked “waste” first, then up to (3) additional cans or (5) bags can be added. Permitted waste that is picked up on your regular pickup day includes:
- Food waste – drained, wrapped and placed in a plastic
- Other waste – juice boxes, paper containers, waste paper
- Sharp items, broken glass, syringes -place in puncture-proof container prior to placing in cart
- Cloth, furniture, mattresses/box springs – must be wrapped in plastic
- Household furniture, carpeting tied and rolled into 4’ lengths
- Tables, swing sets, television sets
- Refrigerators and freezers – doors removed/securely closed
- Window A/C units and dehumidifiers
- Washers and dryers
Please call 216.441.6300 to schedule/notify Republic of bulk item(s) pick up
Unacceptable Waste | Special Collections
The following items are not collected by Republic Services. Lake County offers special collection days for these items. 2021 Special Collections Flyer
- Large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
- Contractors are responsible for the removal of building materials and debris
- Yard waste will begin in April 1st, 2021. Pick up is on the same day as your waste collection.
- Yard Waste must be contained in a brown 50lb Kraft bag or in a container marked “yard waste”
- Any items 4′ in length must be tied, bundled or somehow contained not to exceed 30lbs
Fall leaf collection will only be provided by the city if left loose on the tree lawn/at the curb (do not rake leaves into the street or ditches). Leaf collection begins mid-October and will continue through the first week of December.
Paying For Your Service
There are several options when it comes to paying for your residential collection from Republic Services. Choose the most convenient for you and your household:
Online Payments: Log on to www.republicservices.com, go to Pay Bill link and follow the prompts. There is no additional cost.
Mail-in Payments go to Republic Services PO Box 9001099, Louisville, KY 40290-1099. Please remember to include the remittance stub.
Phone Payments: call our Customer Service Center at 1-877-692-9729. Use your 12 digit account number beginning with a “3” and the zip code of the service address
Please note that Republic Services sens billing every calendar quarter, and you are responsible for paying Republic Services. Any delinquent charges will result in your service being interrupted until full payment is received.