WPD’s Operation S.C.R.A.M.
The Willoughby Police Department is proud to announce the department’s new Security Camera Registration and Mapping (S.C.R.A.M.). Operation S.C.R.A.M. provides an opportunity for residents and business owners to help officers solve crimes that may occur in our community. In recent years, video evidence, captured by private surveillance systems, has become a valuable tool to help officers and detectives develop leads, further investigations, solve crimes, and put criminals behind bars.
By registering, your surveillance camera can be added to a secure GIS database which will allow Willoughby Police to see camera locations on a map near crime. Registration of your video surveillance system DOES NOT grant the Willoughby Police Department, or its agents, access to your system. It simply lets law enforcement know the location of these systems in Willoughby.
- Participation is voluntary
- Registration information will be used by the Willoughby Police Department only for official purposes
- The Willoughby Police Department will not have direct access to any surveillance cameras registered in this program
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Willoughby Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding
- Under no circumstances should registrants construe they are acting as an agent or employee of the City of Willoughby or the Willoughby Police Department
- If you wish to withdraw from the program, you can contact the Willoughby Police Department at any time
Questions? Please contact the Willoughby Police Department at (440) 953-4220 or Captain Phil Smith at email@example.com.
Download the Operation SCRAM Registration Form and email it to the Willoughby Police Department to be added to the database.