Just a short column this month, to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year. It’s hard to believe another year is coming to an end, and I want to thank all of you for your support and your kind words as I complete my 25th year as Mayor. It is truly an honor to serve as Mayor of such a fine community; a community that has changed dramatically over the years, and yet in many ways, never changes.
As I’ve written before, Willoughby has become a vibrant and economically diverse city. Many of us, however, tend to think of Willoughby as a small town with small town values. I know the word “values” is overused a bit, but it really does pertain to Willoughby. We still enjoy listening to kids read essays on Arbor Day, listening to the Edison third graders sing at our Christmas lighting ceremony, and visiting with neighbors at the Saturday Market. We enjoy the conversations in the coffee shops and restaurants and admire the rose bushes in Point Park as our kids and grandkids play on the swings. We enjoy the little league games at Todd Field and watching the Rebels play football on Friday evenings. Our public meetings are conducted with decorum and our public officials treat each other with respect. The old saying that “the more things change, the more they stay the same” is certainly true in our case, and we are blessed to be living and working in such a special city.
On behalf of our family; Eric, Nicci and David; Dan, Carin, Emily, Anthony, Landon and Ella; Donna and I want to wish everyone the Merriest of Christmases and the Happiest of Holidays. Have a great month and a great New Year.
- Fiscal Review Implementation Report April 2012 Update (4.3 MB)
- Meeting Room Application (71.7 KB)
- Solicitors Application (465.0 KB)
- Trash Collection Resident Letter 2012 (222.9 KB)
- Waste Management Letter 2012 (1.6 MB)
- Willoughby City Council Considering Redrawing Wards (43.3 KB)
- Willoughby Fiscal Task Force (501.6 KB)
- Willoughby Public Records Request Form(2) (59.3 KB)
- Willoughby Ward Map (Jan 2014) (1.4 MB)