As I write this column on March 13 the snow is finally melting and it’s hit 50 degrees for the first time this year. As you’re reading this I hope Spring truly has arrived. Here are a few items for you to consider as we move into Spring and Summer.
Yard waste pickup will start on April first and continue through November. Please put your yard waste in open paper bags or open containers.
The Spring and Summer can bring heavy rains which cause some basement flooding in the city. If you’ve experienced this in the past I’d like to remind you of the city’s Private Property Sanitary Sewer Backup Reduction Grant Program. Owners of single family and two family dwellings may be eligible to receive a financial grant in the amount of seventy-five percent (75%) of the improvement with a maximum grant of One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500) to aid in the reduction of risk of a sanitary sewer backup in single family and two family dwellings. Contact the Service Department at (440) 953-4111 for information.
If you are interested in reserving a pavilion in one of our parks now is a great time to do so. We have pavilions available at Osborne Park (seats 70), Gilson Park (seats 70), the Euclid Avenue Pool (seats 84) and three pavilions at Daniels Park (seats 56, 63 and 98). All of the park pavilions have electricity, water, grills and seasonal restrooms available nearby. Willoughby residents ONLY can call the Parks & Recreation Department at 440-953-4200 to reserve a pavilion. There is a $35 non-refundable fee for a weekend rental and $15 fee for a weekday rental. Reservations are being accepted now.
Our Parks and Recreation Department is registering for many spring and summer programs at this time of year. Keep in mind that you can do so online. Go to willoughbyohio.com, click on the Residents tab and then click Parks and Recreation for information and instructions.
We still have available space for our Hometown Hero banners that I wrote about last month. If you want to honor a family member or friend who is (or was) a veteran of the Armed Forces please contact the Parks and Recreation Department.
We’re looking forward to a great summer here in Willoughby. Have a great month.
- Fiscal Review Implementation Report April 2012 Update (4.3 MB)
- Meeting Room Application (71.7 KB)
- Solicitors Application (465.0 KB)
- Trash Collection Resident Letter 2012 (222.9 KB)
- Waste Management Letter 2012 (1.6 MB)
- Willoughby City Council Considering Redrawing Wards (News-Herald Dec. 17, 2012) (43.3 KB)
- Willoughby Fiscal Task Force (501.6 KB)
- Willoughby Public Records Request Form (59.3 KB)
- Willoughby Street And Ward Map (Effective until Dec. 31, 2013) (616.9 KB)
- Willoughby Ward Map (649.9 KB)
- Willoughby Ward Map (Jan 2014) (1.4 MB)
- Willoughby Ward Map 11x17 (Jan 2014) (701.9 KB)