The Christmas Season is alive and well once again in Downtown Willoughby.
On Thursday, December 4 we will hold the annual Christmas Lighting Ceremony. This begins at 7:00 pm with performances by local choirs and the Third Grade Choir from Edison School. We will “light up the town” at approximately 7:30. Santa will then arrive and occupy his house in Point Park until Christmas Eve. The evening also is the start of the 2014 Miracle on Erie Street; organized by the Downtown Willoughby Business Association.
On Friday, December 5, Miracle On Erie Street will feature a Pub Crawl with the Downtown Willoughby Bar and Restaurant Association, live carolers in downtown, a guided ghost walk by Cathi Weber (weather permitting), and a business open house to showcase the decorated storefronts.
Saturday, December 6, is family day. Breakfast with Santa begins at 8:30 am at the Willoughby Brewing Company. Grant Elementary third grade students will sing Christmas carols on the City Hall porch at 10:00 am. Following the concert, ice carvers will begin sculpting holiday-themed figures out of blocks of ice in the City Hall parking lot. Beginning at 11:00 am, the Willoughby Library will host crafts, cookie decorating, and a live show by Ronald McDonald. Vendors (kettle corn, chocolate, face painting, hot chocolate) will set-up on the sidewalks throughout downtown. Local mascots (Skipper, Eat-n-Park Cookie, Chick-Fil-A Cow, and Santa) will be in downtown for photos with children.
Throughout the entire weekend there will be a window decorating contest and scavenger hunt. This year, those that complete the scavenger hunt will be entered in a drawing for a TV or Mini-iPad.
This should be a great weekend in Downtown Willoughby and I hope to see many of you there. On behalf of the Council and Administration of the City of Willoughby I’d like to wish all of our residents a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
- Fiscal Review Implementation Report April 2012 Update (4.3 MB)
- Meeting Room Application (71.7 KB)
- Solicitors Application (465.0 KB)
- Trash Collection Resident Letter 2012 (222.9 KB)
- Waste Management Letter 2012 (1.6 MB)
- Willoughby City Council Considering Redrawing Wards (News-Herald Dec. 17, 2012) (43.3 KB)
- Willoughby Fiscal Task Force (501.6 KB)
- Willoughby Public Records Request Form (59.3 KB)
- Willoughby Street And Ward Map (Effective until Dec. 31, 2013) (616.9 KB)
- Willoughby Ward Map (649.9 KB)
- Willoughby Ward Map (Jan 2014) (1.4 MB)
- Willoughby Ward Map 11x17 (Jan 2014) (701.9 KB)