Just a short note this month to remind you of two upcoming events.
The Lake County Fair will be held from Wednesday, August 17th through Sunday, August 21st. The Fair has a long and proud history in Lake County. The Lake County Agricultural Society was established in 1840 and the first County Fair was held in 1850 at a site along Banks Street in Painesville. In 1911, the Fair was moved to its current site. Willoughby has three residents on the Fair Board; Jerry Merhar, Cindy Woodman and Dick Parker. They work tirelessly the whole year to provide a great agricultural, educational and entertainment event. There really is something here for everyone. I hope you take the opportunity to visit the Fair this year; especially if it’s been a few years since you’ve last attended. I know you’ll have a great time. If you want more information, you can visit the Fair’s website at www.lakecountyfair.org.
On Saturday, August 20th, the Heart of Willoughby will hold its Last Stop Willoughby celebration in Downtown Willoughby. This is really a fun event. You can get an idea of the many activities offered by visiting http://heartofwilloughby.com. You can also “like” the Last Stop Willoughby Facebook page. The Heart of Willoughby has been in existence for 37 years and this is the 9th year for this event. These hard working folks are also responsible for the Saturday Market. Along with being a big part of our downtown during the summer, the proceeds from the market have been used to contribute to Christmas decorations and provide snow removal for the downtown sidewalks. The Last Stop Willoughby celebration is a one day event, including a parade at 2:00 pm (kids, bring your bags for candy). I really hope you can attend the event this year. It’s a great time.
Have a great month.
- Fiscal Review Implementation Report April 2012 Update (4.3 MB)
- Meeting Room Application (71.7 KB)
- Solicitors Application (465.0 KB)
- Trash Collection Resident Letter 2012 (222.9 KB)
- Waste Management Letter 2012 (1.6 MB)
- Willoughby City Council Considering Redrawing Wards (43.3 KB)
- Willoughby Fiscal Task Force (501.6 KB)
- Willoughby Public Records Request Form(2) (59.3 KB)
- Willoughby Street And Ward Map (616.9 KB)
- Willoughby Ward Map (Jan 2014) (1.4 MB)